Dana Deaton was born and raised in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. A magna cum laude graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law.
- Address4040 Broadway, Suite 430
Dana Deaton was born and raised in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. A magna cum laude graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law, Dana received her undergraduate degree from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. After graduation, Dana worked in D.C. at The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, where she assisted with the research and writing of publications on bilateral security issues between Mexico and the United States and the development of Mexico’s oil and energy sectors. Following her return to Texas, Dana worked at her mother’s private practice in Brownsville, Texas, which she credits for sparking her interest in property law. During law school, Dana was a member of the Phi Delta Phi legal honors society, and served as a judicial intern to The Honorable Felix Recio, United States Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Dana worked as a law clerk for UFJ&B from 2014-2015 while completing her law degree. She joined the firm in 2016.
Admitted to the Texas Bar in 2015
Legal Education: St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015); Dean’s List; Blask Fellowship Award Recipient; Harlan Honors Society
Undergraduate Education: The George Washington University (B.A. in International Affairs, B.A. in Latin American & Hemispheric Studies); Dean’s List
- Drafting of pipeline easements, access easements and surface use agreements.
- Drafting of residential, commercial and industrial deed restrictions.
- Representation of community associations, including property owners associations and condominium associations.
- Title analysis.
- Representation of municipal water districts in the development of water supply systems.
- Assisting with title curative tasks for land and mineral owners.
- Assisting with oil and gas litigation cases as well as conducting research concerning title matters and mineral rights.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- State Bar of Texas
- Women’s Law Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- “Update on Surface Use Agreements and Disputes” – Co-Author with F. Parks Brown, University of Texas Ernest Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Conference, Houston, Texas (2019)