Alejandro Sostre-Odio is a transactional attorney who represents homebuilders, retailers, banking institutions, developers, investors, and landowners in all areas of commercial real estate law, including land acquisition, disposition, and development; commercial leasing; commercial real estate financing; and entity formation.
- Address4040 Broadway, Suite 430
Alejandro Sostre-Odio is a transactional attorney who represents homebuilders, retailers, banking institutions, developers, investors, and landowners in all areas of commercial real estate law, including land acquisition, disposition, and development; commercial leasing; commercial real estate financing; and entity formation. He is also experienced in the purchase and sale of farm and ranch land, and has significant experience representing landowners and land trusts in the donation of conservation easements. Prior to moving to San Antonio, Mr. Sostre practiced real estate law with a mid-size firm in Miami where he focused on condominium development, including drafting and filing governing documents for commercial and residential condominiums.
Born and raised in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Mr. Sostre received his B.A. in English from the University of Puerto Rico’s Cayey Campus. He earned his J.D. from the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law where he was a member of the law review. Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Sostre left the island to pursue an LL.M. degree in Real Property Development from the University of Miami. His strong family ties compelled him to relocate to San Antonio in 2007.
As an active member of the community, Mr. Sostre is involved with several professional, civic and charitable organizations in San Antonio.
Board Certified, Commercial Real Estate Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2015
University of Miami School of Law,
LL.M. in Real Property Development, 2004
Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2003 (Interamerican University of Puerto Rico Law Review, 2001-2002)
University of Puerto Rico – Cayey Campus, B.A. cum laude, 2000
Admitted to practice law in Texas (2007), Florida (2004 inactive) and Puerto Rico (2004)
Licensed Notary Public of Puerto Rico (2004)
- Representation of national and regional homebuilders in the acquisition of developed residential lots for home construction, as well as raw land for the development of residential subdivisions.
- Representation of a national banking institution in the acquisition of raw land and platted pad sites for the development of branch locations throughout South Texas.
- Representation of a large grocery retailer in the disposition of pad sites and inventory real estate throughout South Texas.
- Representation of commercial landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial leases, as well as ground leases.
- Representation of a condominium developer in the acquisition of a distressed high-end residential condominium.
- Representation of ranchers and large landowners throughout South Texas in the purchase and sale of ranch land.
- Representation of a Texas-based land trust in connection with the donation of conservation easements to preserve over 100,000 acres of agricultural land throughout Texas.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- In 2016, Mr. Sostre-Odio was appointed by Governor Greg Abbott to the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board. The board performs duties relating to the education, ethics, and certifying or licensing of real estate appraisers or appraiser trainees.
- State Bar of Texas (Real Estate Probate and Trust Law Section)
- San Antonio Bar Association (Real Estate Section)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- The Florida Bar
- Puerto Rico Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico)
- Urban Land Institute (former member of the San Antonio Young Leaders Committee)
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (Alexander E. Briseño Leadership Development Program)
- Federation of Hispanic Republicans of Texas
- Greater San Antonio Builders Association
- Real Estate Council of San Antonio